Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Couple: Leo & Calypso

I'll just put this out there before I get anywhere near starting. If you haven't read past page 404 of The House of Hades, then this post is slightly spoilery. Honestly, it's not a huge spoiler but it is one nonetheless. Although, I suppose the title itself is kind of a slight spoiler.

To delay this all a bit more, you can check out last week's Friday Couple, here.
 
All righty, where was I? Oh yeah, Leo and Calypso. Aw, I'm sorry, they're just so cute.
 
From what we've seen thus far, Calypso is sweet and considerate. She's been exiled to an island where she remains alone until the Olympians deign to send her a demigod hero who can't stay but whom she also can't help but love. Despite all of this and every broken promise, she remains helpful and kind.
 
Leo is the kid who has always been forgotten or underestimated. For about as long as he can remember, he's been told over and over again that he can't be successful in whatever it is he chooses to do. But Leo remains loyal and determined. If anyone can and will keep their promise to Calypso, it's definitely him.
 
I'll be honest, guys, I ship Leo & Calypso so hard. I mean, Leo deserves a kind, beautiful girl. He's a nice guy.
 
 
I never really have jumped on any boats supporting Leo and any other female in The Heroes of Olympus. But they are positively cute and perfect. He makes her smile and even gives her a bit of a hard time, which I think is good for Calypso. He doesn't push it but he teases her. Calypso presents clear but not unreasonable boundaries though. Plus, she's willing to see beyond the scrawniness. 
 
We all know Leo isn't the big buff guy you usually expect in a hero but he has the bravery and courage. Leo also likes to joke around, which is probably another thing Calypso needs in her life.
 
 
I don't really care that Calypso is immortal because honestly, I think she's one of those people who would stick by Leo until death, no matter how frail he becomes. I want this to happen, people. I freakin' ship this couple maybe even more than I do Jason and Piper (my favorite couple in the series).

9 comments:

  1. I SHIP ITTTTTTTT BUT DID YOU KNOW THE THING ABOUT AN OATH IN A PROPHECY? THIS COULD BE THE OATH MEANING LEO COULD DIEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one is going to die. The prophecy never means what we think.

      Delete
  2. DUDE! I FREAKING SHIP THIS! I SHIP THIS SO HARD!!!
    I love that line when she's all "the clothes will change in size should you ever become less scrawny" XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shipping ALL THE WAY! YES! Lol. Ah, Calypso has a way with words.

      Delete
  3. I agree. My heart sang when I read the couple chapters about Leo and Calypso. I have been thinking about it and I think they might be my favorite couple in the series. They are just so sweet, innocent, and sincere. I love them : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I instantly fell in love with them. <3

      Delete
  4. I was so happy when Leo met Calypso. But I really didn't like the gods during Leo's time on the island because they were supposed to release her. But go Leo and Calypso. What is their couple name by the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's Caleo or something like that.

      Delete
  5. go valdez........get your girl.........show them the power of us....the puny types who r always underestimated..just remember the most underestimated ones are always the secret weapon

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you would leave a comment! It's always a treat to read what you guys have to say!